Twigano is the place where you can share your moments, meet and interact with people who have similar interests to you, and discover new topics and experiences in a more private and controlled way. On Twigano you can share your images, moments and thoughts with a specific group of people, discover new topics easily, create a design and express yourself.
When you use these services—and any others we in the Twigano, inc. whether in Twigano app or elsewhere—you’ll share some information with us. We get that that can affect your privacy. So we want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, whom we share it with, and the choices we give you to control, access, and update your information.
Information We Collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you choose to give us.
- Information we get when you use our services.
- Information we get from third parties.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
Information You Choose to Give Us
When you interact with our services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a basic Twigano account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as: your name you’d like to go by and use for people to search for you with, a password, a phone number, city and your date of birth. To make it easier for others to find you, we may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, such as profile pictures or other useful identifying information. Other services, such as commerce products, may also require you to provide us with a debit or credit card number and its associated account information.
Of course, you’ll also provide us whatever information you create with the services, such as stories and collections. Keep in mind that the users that see your stories, collections, ratings, comments and any other content can always save that content or copy it outside the app. So, the same common sense that applies to the internet at large applies to Twigano as well: Don’t create or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
When you contact Twigano Support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you wrote a Story about a product, created a collection or saw a specific ad for a certain period of time. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
- Usage Information.We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with the services, such as which products and how many of them you used in your collection, which stores you entered on Discover, or which search queries you submit.
- how you communicate with other Twigano users, such as their names, the time and date of your communications.
- Device Information.We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, advertising identifier, unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number).
- Device Phonebook.Because Twigano app is much more fun with friends, we may—with your consent—collect information from your device’s phonebook.
- Camera and Photos.may some of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. For example, you won’t be able to upload a profile picture from your camera roll unless we can access your camera or photos.
- Location Information.When you use our services –under your knowledge and with your consent- we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
- Log Information.We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
- details about how you’ve used our services.
- device information, such as your web browser type and language.
- access times.
- pages viewed.
- IP address.
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information that other users provide about you when they use our services. For example, if another user allows us to collect information from their device phonebook—and you’re one of that user’s contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that user’s phonebook with other information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other companies that are owned or operated by us, or any other third-party sources, and combine that with the information we collect through our services.
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: Provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve. Here are some of the ways we do that:
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
- send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- personalize the services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information, or customizing the content we show you, including ads.
- contextualize your experience
- improve ad targeting and measurement, including through the use of your precise location data (again, if you’ve consented to us collecting that data). See the Control Over Your Information section below for more information about Twigano’s advertising practices and your choices.
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them.
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With other Twigano users.We may share the following information with other Twigano users:
- information about you, such as your name and profile picture.
- information about how you have interacted with the services, such as your stories, collections, users you follow, users who follow you, and other information that will help Twigano users understand your connections with others using the services. For example: to determine whether you'll follow a user or not, you need to see his/her stories and collections first to make sure that he/she matches your style preferences so we need to make user stories and collections available for other users. Your collections will not be public unless you click publish.
- any additional information you have consented for us to share. For example, when you let us access your device phonebook, we may share information about you with other users who have your phone number in their device phonebook.
- content you post will be shared with other Twigano users. Content you post will appear in the timeline of the users that follow you.
- With all Twigano users, our business partners, and the general public.We may share the following information with all Twigano users as well as with our business partners and the general public:
- public information like your name, , bio and profile pictures.
- any content that you submit to Our timeline or any other crowd-sourced service.
- With third parties.We may share your information with the following third parties:
- With service providers, sellers, and partners.We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through our services, and business partners that provide services and functionality.
- With third parties for legal reasons.We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition.If Twigano, inc. gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties—such as advertisers—aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
Third-Party Content and Integrations
The services may also contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or offer a co-branded or third-party-branded service. Through these links, third-party integrations, and co-branded or third-party-branded services, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use; including those third parties you interact with through our services.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Additionally, some companies may use information collected on our services to deliver targeted advertisements on behalf of us or other companies, including on third-party websites and apps.
Control over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- Access and Updates.We strive to let you access and update most of the personal information that we have about you. There are limits though to the requests we’ll accommodate. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful. You can access and update most of your basic account information right in the app by visiting the edit my profile page. If you need to access, update, or delete other personal information that we may have, you can put in a request. Because your privacy is important to us, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We will try to update and access your information for free, but if it would require a disproportionate effort on our part, we may charge a fee. We will of course disclose the fee before we comply with your request.
- Revoking Permissions.If you change your mind about our ongoing ability to collect information from certain sources that you have already consented to, such as your phonebook or location services, you can simply revoke your consent by changing the settings on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Account Deletion.While we hope you’ll remain a lifelong Twigano user, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, just contact us . If you ask to delete your account, you will have up to 30 days to restore your account before we delete your information from our servers. During this period, your account will not be visible to other Twigano users.
- Advertising Preferences.We try to show you ads that we think will be relevant to your interests.
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13. In addition, we may limit how we collect, use, and store some of the information of EU users between 13 and 16. In some cases, this means we will be unable to provide certain functionality to these users. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.